Sorry Nashville

Home Forums Geno’s Talk About Whatever Board Sorry Nashville

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Geno 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Geno
    Keymaster

For someone who isn’t a huge Nashville Predators fan, I was racking my brain to try to figure out why tonight’s game bugged me so much. Then it hit me. It’s because I love hockey. And it was awesome to see a city fall in love with the game as much as I did as a kid. But because of poor officiating, many are now going to have a bad taste in their mouth about the sport. It’s not the sport’s fault – it’s the NHL’s.

NHL officiating is sinking to NBA levels. I can’t watch the NBA. It’s too many egomaniacs more concerned with making a SportsCenter highlight reel than being part of a winning team. The officiating is comical and subjective. Hockey is starting to get that reputation and it pisses me off.

From Crosby’s bashing PK’s head into the ice to the erroneous whistle that changed the outcome of a crucial game – and possibly the Stanley Cup finals altogether, the NHL really needs to figure out what they need to do to get it right.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Sorry Nashville
Your information: